- Detailed update regarding our locations in Italy and India – March 25, 2020
- About the importance of packaging industry for food products – March 25, 2020
- Business Continuity – March 18, 2020
- Contingency Plan – March 13, 2020
- Status Quo at our Location in Bolzano Vicentino / Italy – March 12, 2020
- Statement concerning Supply Chain for raw materials from China and South Korea -March 4, 2020
- Transmission of viruses via contact with printing ink is unlikely – February 26, 2020
March 4, 2020
Statement concerning Supply Chain for raw materials from China and South Korea
Due to the worldwide spread of the coronavirus, we are currently receiving many inquiries as to whether the resulting circumstances are affecting our supply chain. We understand that the concern is great. Therefore, please find below our official statement from our purchasing and supply chain organization:
hubergroup sources its raw material globally including China and South Korea. That’s why we especially monitor the supply situation and the shipments from there. In India there is even a directive from the government to check all shipments from China for Coronavirus. This may cause a delay in import clearances.
Further there is a container imbalance globally. Containers are stuck in China and neighboring countries. Repositioning of the containers is not happening. Hence shipments from Europe, Brazil and the USA are getting delayed. Availability of containers is a major challenge for shipments.
As a global printing ink supplier hubergroup maintains supplies of required ink raw materials, as well as suitable alternative suppliers. However, for certain raw materials hubergroup’s dependency on China still exists.
For our other raw materials which hubergroup may be buying locally or from say Europe or any other country, those suppliers also may be dependent on China for their raw materials.
As the situation stands, we do not foresee supply situation hampering from hubergroup in the near future based on the existing forecast.
Hence, we are closely monitoring the situation and development. We will keep you updated and inform you as soon as there are any changes.