The full package! Get to know Olivier Gibert
Olivier Gibert is the new sales director for flexo and gravure at hubergroup France. He gained his long experience in the flexible packaging industry in leading companies such as Comexi Group as well as Recyl Sas, where he was responsible for more than 16 years i.a. for the equipment and consumables for the flexographic industry, managing over 700 customers and prospects.
At hubergroup France, he will from now on be responsible for the flexible packaging sector and its sales team.
1. What was your most unusual or interesting task in a previous job before joining our organization?
First, what I really enjoy about my work is the vast variety of different tasks.
2. When and how did you start working for hubergroup France?
I joined hubergroup very recently on 1st September 2021. Obviously, my first weeks are dedicated to in-depth technical training for the products, exploring the corporate culture, and getting to know my new colleagues. At the same time, I have already been diving into ongoing projects.
3. What is it that particularly appeals to you about hubergroup?
One of the highly appealing things is hubergroup’s mixture of different cultures due to its production sites in several countries. This cultural mixture is always a true wealth, as we learn from each other and get out the best of each other. Furthermore, hubergroup’s strong desire to evolve products to better meet the expectations of customers in the face of new demands and constraints is fascinating to me.
4. From now on you will look after flexible packaging, what is the most important work goal you are working towards right now?
hubegroup’s position in France is stable. The objective is clearly to gain market share. I hope to be able to create a dynamic to achieve this by strengthening relationships with our existing customers and finding new ones. It will be a team effort, and all different energies and mindsets contributing will be important. Our products, services, and latest developments will be assets that we intend to use and highlight for this purpose.
5. If you had to name your biggest professional achievement, what would that be?
My greatest professional achievement is having always decided for whom and with whom I wanted to work. Moreover, I am very proud of the loyalty of my clients. Since I have been working in packaging, some people have been following me for almost 20 years. This recognition and appreciation of my work, approach, and how I am dealing with products satisfies me.
6. If you could trade places with a colleague for one day, with whom would it be? Why?
Professionally, I know how to stand in my place, and I will not pretend to be able to take someone’s place, even for one day.
Nevertheless, if this could be done outside of work, without any consequences for the community, a day instead of Zinedine Zidane or Lionel Messi could be a very nice option.
7. What is something that colleagues always ask your help with?
Help is something that can take many forms. It can be technical, commercial, or just human. I am a very optimistic and selfless person. I like to think that a simple word, a look, or a little attention to others is important. Maintaining a virtuous and benevolent circle is the basis of human relations.
8. You have been doing voluntary work for many years, most recently as the president of Compagnie Rosièroise de Théâtre Très Enthousiaste: La CROTTE. Could you give us an insight into what exactly you are doing there and how this work influences you?
„La Crotte“ is an amateur improvisation theatre troupe. Beyond the fact that having to evolve with people completely foreign to work is a healthy decompression airlock. It also brings me training and ease that are very useful to me when speaking in public or in front of customers.
9. If you look ahead, what do you personally identify as the biggest challenge for the printing ink industry within the next years?
In France today, the focus is on the future of plastic. The evolution of materials will also depend on that of inks. Moreover, inks also have their role in offering technical products capable of offering alternatives to current uses. This needs to be done in consultation with printers, material suppliers, and legislators.
10. …and where do you see its biggest opportunity?
We will have to be adaptable. Only the most dynamic and inventive will be able to pass this course. This will be a good opportunity to show our value.
11. And finally, what is your favorite color and why?
Green, what a question :) The color of the Association Sportive de Saint Etienne. The best football team in France…. in my heart at least.